· Antonio Mancini graduated in law in 1986 from University of Naples and became a fully qualified lawyer in 1988.
· Antonio has developed an extensive experience within the Italian Competition Authority (AGCM -competent both for competition and for consumer protection-) since the first beginning institutional activity in 1991 and in the following positions:
· Coordination function within the Directorate General for Consumer Protection and senjor official within B Directorate (Credit and TLC); Director of the Credit Directorate (2 years); Director of the Telecommunications Directorate (5 years); Co-Director and official for several years in Consumer Protection Unit; Official in several Competition Directorates.
· As Director and case handler, Antonio has followed many investigations in the framework of a very wide national enforcement activity especially in consumer protection field. In this enforcement activity he has tried to develop synergies between consumer protection and competition aspects especially for cases of “aggressive commercial practices” based on obstacles to consumers’ rights.
· He was Member of the National Commission for the evaluation of unfair terms in consumer contracts; member of the Commission for the transposition of the UCP (Unfair Commercial Practices) Directive; national expert in the framework of several EU and international projects.
· Antonio has been speaker at lectures, seminars, conferences focused on competition and consumer protection and has published several comments and researches in the field of consumer protection.
Before joining the Italian Competition Authority, he was official (for 2 years) in another Authority (Consob: the Italian regulatory Authority competent in the field of capital markets and financial services); legal advisor for an Italian professional Organisation.